|Avoiding Aggressive Drivers
Aggressive drivers are high-risk drivers who climb into the anonymity of a vehicle and take out their frustrations on anyone at any time. For the aggressive driver, frustration levels are high and their level of concern for other motorists is low. PennDOT has offered some tips to avoid such drivers and potentially dangerous confrontations.
- Make every attempt to get out of the way of an aggressive driver.
- Put your pride in the back seat. Do not challenge an aggressive driver by speeding up or attempting to "hold your own" in your travel lane.
- Wear your seatbelt! It will hold you in your seat and behind the wheel in case you need to make an abrupt driving maneuver , and it will protect you in a crash.
- Report aggressive drivers to the appropriate authorities. Provide a vehicle description, license number, location and direction of travel. If you have a cell phone, and can do it safely, call the police at 911.
- If an aggressive driver is involved in a crash farther down the road, stop a safe distance form the crash scene, wait for the police to arrive, and report the driving behavior you witnessed.