Bucks County Mediation Services
102 West Maple Ave. - Langhorne, PA 19047-2820 - 215-750-7220
Resolving Disputes & Conflicts Through Mediation
Mediation is Community Peace Building
What Is Mediation?
It is a process-
Rather than determining "Right" or "Wrong", mediators work as neutral third parties to guide people in a way which empowers them to resolve their conflict.
How Can Mediation Help Me?
It is an alternative to the justice system-
- It is a private procedure, all comments are confidential.
- It is a safe place to talk and listen.
- Sessions are held at local, neutral, sites at a mutually convenient time.
- Neither witnesses nor attorneys are needed.
- Rather than a court making a decision, each individual is responsible to participate in making and writing agreements.
- A court can only rule on the past, the agreements reached through mediation describe how each will behave and what each will do now and in the future.
- ALL participants become Winners.
What Are The Benefits?
- You avoid going to district court and losing time from work.
- The process empowers people to build bridges of understanding.
- All members of the families involved participate, including children.
- Each family receives a signed copy of the agreements.
- Each family receives a follow up call after a period of time to determine whether the agreements are working.
What Can Be Mediated?
- Property Problems
- Interracial Differences
- Barking Dogs
- Parents & Children
Children & Youth Disputes:
- Communication Problems
- Behavior crisis at home, in school, or with neighbors.
I Am Interested - What Do I Do?
Call our office and explain the problem as you see it. If mediation is appropriate for your problem, we will contact the other party involved and listen to their position. If they are also willing, a time and place will be set for your mediation.
How Do I Prepare?
- Ask Yourself: What can I do better to manage the conflict?
- Mediation requires you to make a commitment of time, energy, and an investment of $25.00 to cover expenses.
Bucks County Area Covered
Bensalem, Bristol, Falls, Middletown, Newtown, Northampton, Wrightstown, Upper Southamton, Lower Southampton, Upper Makefield, Lower Makefield, and all boroughs within this area.
Bucks County Peace Center
102 West Maple Avenue
Langhorne, PA 19047-2820
Phone - 215-750-7220
Fax - 215-750-9237
Director - Richard Conrad
Visit the Bucks County Peace Center Website
MEDIATION IS A PROCESS EMPOWERING PEOPLE TO WORK TOGETHER TO CREATE WINDOWS AND DOORS WHERE THERE ARE NOW WALLS